CBS addresses its investigation into "NCIS: New Orleans" showrunner Brad Kern. (screengrab)
CBS has fired embattled “NCIS: New Orleans” showrunner Brad Kern after multiple allegations of misconduct were investigated by an outside counsel.
"We have ended Brad Kern's role as consulting producer on ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ and his overall deal with the studio," a CBS spokesperson told Fox News.
The Hollywood Reporter -- which first broke the news -- reported that “Kern harassed and unfairly penalized women, repeatedly bullied a nursing mother and made racially insensitive statements,” among other claims.
Former CBS Chief Executive Les Moonves resigned last month after at least 12 women came forward to accuse him of sexual misconduct in a pair of New Yorker articles authored by Pulitzer Prize winner Ronan Farrow. The Hollywood Reporter noted that “several former ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ employees reached Monday said that they believe Kern would still be working at CBS” if Moonves were still running the network.
"This is the domino effect," one former “NCIS: New Orleans” staffer told THR. "I hope all the networks take a much closer look at who they give power to and how those people treat their employees, and pay serious attention to who gets propped up and protected, even if they harass people or behave inappropriately.”
CBS announced after Moonves’ exit that it would donate $20 million to organizations "that support the #MeToo movement and equality for women in the workplace."
Last December, Kern was initially accused of sexual harassment and discrimination against a woman and of using racially insensitive remarks in the workplace, Variety previously reported. CBS said that investigators did find evidence of “insensitive” and “offensive” comments, but none of any harassment or discrimination.
Additional accusations resulted in CBS Television Studios hiring an outside investigator "to look into allegations of harassment and misconduct," THR reported back in June.
"My thoughts are with everyone who had worked for Mr. Kern who was unjustly fired, made miserable until they quit or otherwise endured unpleasantness. I hope that this signals the end of the era of showrunning he represented,” another “NCIS: New Orleans” staffer told THR.
“NCIS: New Orleans” is a spinoff of the famed “NCIS” starring Scott Bakula, Lucas Black and Rob Kerkovich.
Kern previously worked as a showrunner for “Charmed,” “New York Undercover” and “Human Target.”
Fox News’ Mariah Hass and Ryan Gaydos contributed to this report.
Brian Flood covers the media for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter at @briansflood.
Sponsored Stories You May Like
- These Redesigned SUVs Are the Best of 2017Kelley Blue Book
- 60 Vintage Photos Sure To Knock Your Socks Offgroovyhistory.com
- 55 Vintage Photos: Photos for Mature Audiences Onlygroovyhistory.com
- [Quiz] Only 20% Of College Graduates Can Ace This 8th Grade Civics TestOffbeat
- 62 Rare Animal Photos Show A Different Side To Nature Than We Already KnowHistory Daily
- Switch to Sprint and get the BEST price for Unlimited data, talk & text!Sprint
- Shopping for a Used Car? Find One Under $5,000Kelley Blue Book
- Which Famous Movie Was Filmed in Texas?Wall St. Cheat Sheet
- 33 Strange Photos That Are Unexplained Old MysteriesOffbeat
- Top Retail Stock Could Be Your Next NASDAQ BuyStocksnTrade.com
- [Pics] Try Not To Scream At These Secrets From "The Munsters" SetTrend Chaser
- [Photos] Here's What You Never Realized About 'Game of Thrones'The Delite
More from Fox News
- Restaurant where anti-Kavanaugh protesters disrupted Ted Cruz's dinner hires securityFox News Politics
- Europe dominates US to regain Ryder CupFox News Sports
- Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick faced own misconduct allegations at past job with tech firm: reportsFox News Politics
- Dunkin' Donuts employee suspended after video surfaces of him dumping water on sleeping customerFox News Food & Drink
- Single mother turns hobby into successful business Fox Business
- Rattlesnake emerged from water in Florida, beachgoers sayFox News Science
- Anti-Trump former ESPN star Jemele Hill joins The AtlanticFox News Entertainment - Video
- Remains of Colorado cold case victim believed foundFox News US - Video
- Hannity – Monday, October 1Fox News Full Episodes
- Special Report With Bret Baier - Monday, October 1Fox News Full Episodes