Our senses play a huge role in our daily lives, and for many it’s hard to think about what life would be like without one of them. Well, a new survey poses that question about the sense of sight, and as you can imagine, there are a lot of things that people would miss without the ability to see.
A new survey finds:
- Of the five senses, vision is most important to people.
- In fact, 77% of people say vision is their most important sense, followed by:
- Hearing (14%)
- Touching (6%)
- Smelling (2%)
- Tasting (1%)
- So, if their sense of sight was taken away, what would people miss most?
- Well, topping the list is their loved one’s faces (37%), followed by:
- Their children’s milestones (26%)
- Nature (23%)
- Their pets (22%)
- Their favorite TV shows/movies (15%)
- Certain colors (13%)
- The sunrise/sunset (13%)
- Their milestones (12%
- Reading their favorite books (11%)
- Food (11%)
- Considering how important sight is to people, 65% of people say they wish they took better care of their eyes.
- Another 58% say they take their eyesight for granted.
- The average age people start worrying about their eyesight is 39.
- Besides visiting an eye doctor, steps people take care for their eyes include:
- A healthy diet (43%)
- Wearing sunglasses (41%)
- Getting more sleep (40%)
- Drinking more water (40%)
- Avoiding rubbing their eyes too much (39%)
- Washing their hands regularly (38%)
Source: SWNS Digital
[Courtesy of Dr. Dave’s Ultimate Prep]
[Photo Credit: Getty Images]